Colorcote will soon be moving away from the Alocrom 1200 chromate conversion coating it has been successfully applying for many years to a new product called SurTec 650.
SurTec 650v is a concentrated liquid trivalent chromium based chemical which when diluted will form an iridescent blue grey to yellow protective chromate coating of 50 – 500 mg/m² on clean, oxide-free aluminium and aluminium alloy surfaces.
SurTec 650 is not only recognised and approved by Qualicoat but also fulfils the requirements of MIL-DTL-81706-B & MIL-DTL-5541-F. Surtec 650 is widely used in the metal pre-treatment, electronics and aerospace industries due to its low surface resistance and high corrosion protection properties.
The main properties of SurTec 650 are as follows:
- hexavalent chromium free passivation for aluminium (trivalent chromium passivation)
- meets all RoHS test criteria (IEC1 11/24/CD)
- suitable as post-treatment of anodic coatings
- suitable as conversion coating of magnesium
- liquid concentrate, based on trivalent chromium
- excellent bare corrosion protection comparable to hexavalent passivation’s
- also works on alloyed and casted aluminium
- suitable as pre-treatment before lacquering, powder coating and gluing
- approved by GSB and QUALICOAT
- produces an iridescent, faintly blue to tan and visible layer
- meets or exceeds MIL-DTL-81706B and MIL-DTL-5541F for bare corrosion (336 h in NSS per ASTM B-117, respectively, DIN EN ISO 9227)
- low contact resistance: < 5000 μOhm per square inch per MIL-DTL-81706B
- heat resistant inorganic passivation layer
If you require any further information regarding SurTec 650 or any of the other services we supply, please do not hesitate to contact us.